Wednesday 19 June 2013

Little Kitchen I

As part of the experience of living abroad, I have had the chance to dine in a few Michelin-star restaurants where everything is top rated experience and sampled one of the best foods all over the world. The food, the table deco, the ambiance is definitely not to be compared with the 'mamak' experience in KL. However, moving back I have realized that there is no Michelin-star restaurants in KL and to dine in posh restaurants costs a lot of money. To resolve this issue that I have, I decided to host dinner parties at my own place.

In order to do this, the right tools are needed. Dinnerware collection, table deco and menu to create the whole ambiance. For this night, the guests are from my  previous workplace. I am using the Corelle square collection which I recently bought from Canada (Corelle are much more cheaper in North America compared to Malaysia). It is the time to put this collection into a good use.
Menu for the night is western style, Italian to be precise. Fettucine al-fredo which took me 30min to prepare. Tea light candles for decoration. My friends brought cake for desserts. Mine is tiramisu which I loved so much. But to be honest, I had a taste of the marble cheese cake and it was better than my tiramisu which is a bit dry.





All in all, we had a good catch-up time. When it is time to say goodbye, everyone left with full stomach which is the objective of each dinner party. Till we meet again..

No comments:

Post a Comment