Wednesday 26 June 2013

Little Kitchen 3

I am currently obsessed with hosting dinner parties. Due to my little place, I would have to limit my guests to three people only. Including myself the dining table would be full already..
Now,  I am making time to host and invite friends over. It is quite a perfect solution as I could never finish all the food that I cook, hence sharing is caring. On top of that, it gives me a chance to perfecting my cooking skills (as one should not just self proclaimed they can cook without inviting friends or families)
Hosting is not an easy job (perhaps this is why not many Malaysians host dinner parties? I am talking about my generation of people in their 30s, not my mum's generation) Planning for the menu, setting the table, cooking and cleaning up.. I have to say I love the rewards that comes after, friends enjoying the food is the ultimate objective of hosting dinner parties..

So, menu for the night is kept simple, Asian style. I have already decided to cook bihun tomyam (my sister's recipe) and for starter is tauhu sumbat. I added a few others dinner complements too such as fried chicken and prawns...

Ayam goreng berempah (Fried chicken in spices)

Udang goreng bercili (Prawn with chili)

Setting the table with another latest Corelle collection from Canada- Square Sand & Sky


Appetiser- Stuffed Tofu, this is the perfect appetiser with tomyam mihum. There was popia too but this I did not make it, I just fried it..

Tomyam mihun, there are still some left for second servings..


Hokaido cake for desserts- garnished with pineapple slices

I was so tired from hosting (is it because of haze exposure??!!) I only managed to wash the dishes the next morning.If only I had dishwasher, life would be slightly easier...

I am going off now. I need to think of the next menu for tomorrow's dinner party.... Ideas/comments/recommendations are most welcomed.

1 comment: