Sunday 28 July 2013

Iketeru, Hilton Kuala Lumpur

 
Dinner tonight will be in the exclusive Japanese restaurant-Iketeru. The restaurant is located at Level 8 of the Hilton Hotel and it is helmed by the affable Japanese executive chef, Ricky Kamiishi.

The dinner is to celebrate the department's success of one year and to kick start the next challenging year. I am always excited to try out new places as part of the gastronomy experience, especially when it involves certain refinement in the preparation of the food.

Wearing dress from LawaLawa, a new shop that I stumbled upon in Publika. Dressed to occassion is something I love to do!!
Iketeru is decorated to a refined taste. There is aquarium and patrons have the option of dining in front of the chefs, or even private room. Since there is a group of us we did have an allocated private room. It was so zen-like!! Obviously when you go to Japanese restaurant you would have expected this anyway...





Chopsticks and well set napkins on the dining table. I am officially obsessed with dinner table settings....







 


As soon as were were seated by the lovely waitress, we quickly ordered. To be honest the only thing I love about Japanese food is their sushi. There rest I am not that bothered. I remembered having sushi for my daily breakfast when I was doing Yunnan audit mission. So first thing to order is SUSHI, definitely!!

I then went clueless on what to order for my main. So I asked the waitress to help me out.....and she suggested yaki soba. It was good actually but yup I am still in love with sushi.



This is small selection on the house for people who are fasting..that's me!!




Salad with mushroom
With Rose, she took me out for lunch on my first day in the department
 

The team!! From the look of it, everyone is all excited for the coming year...haha. (ps- I am far at the back the size of an ant)

The evening ended well with all the team sharing their life experiences...not the young ones though as they still need to experience the life ahead of them. There will be reward waiting for those who are willing to work hard... Bring on the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment