Saturday 14 September 2013

Little Kitchen- Ayam Rendang for Raya


It's Raya. My first ever Raya in Malaysia in my own place so this will be first Raya hosting for Little Kitchen. Since I have just recently join a new firm, the first guests to try out my rendang is my colleague.

Ingredients
1 chicken- cut into small pieces
10 pieces of dried chilis
20 red eye chilis
15 shallots
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch of galangal
2 inch of tumeric
2 inch ginger
5 lemon grass- small slices
2 lemon grass
1 tumeric leaves
12 kaffir lime leaves
1 kg of coconut milk
1 cup of water
salt and sugar to taste

First of all, blend dried chilies, bird eye chilis, onion, shallot, ginger, galangal and tumeric.
Then fry them all in pan.
Put it chicken and stir once in a while.
Put in the coconut milk and stir for a while until it dries.

There are other ingredients which I have not manage to buy in time- kaffir lime leaves and tumeric leaves. So just proceed as at the end I would have to say the overall taste is still good.


Chopping all the ingredients
 

Chicken into small pieces- just ask the butcher to help!

Slow cooking on the stove- it is best to cook it in more than an hour
Option of pasta for my guests who does not take spicy food
 
Frying all the ingredients








The host of Little Kitchen- engaging with guests is one omy forte

Little Kitchen is my passion but it is difficult to host and cook for friends due to demanding work in the corporate world. But I believe everyone should have a passion to pursue in life apart from work and family/friends/social commitments... If anyone would like to try out my Little Kitchen, do drop me an e-mail at nadiahanim.daud@gmail.com. My aim is conduct a session at least once a month...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment